The interesting information for you and your family

      Plymouth stay on top as Sheffield Wednesday and Bolton rack up big wins

      Plymouth retained top spot in Sky Bet League One after Saxon Earley’s first goal for the club helped to a 3–1 win at Oxford.

      Earley, signed in January from Norwich, marked his first start for the Pilgrims by restoring their lead in the 65th minute after U midfielder Cameron Brannagan disallowed Matt Butcher’s opener.

      Ryan Hardie’s 11th league goal of the season sealed the success of Steven Schumacher’s side in stoppage time.

      Second-placed Sheffield Wednesday remain two points behind Argyle with one game to go after a comfortable 3-0 win over underdogs Morecambe at Hillsborough.

      Josh Windass’ brace following a first-minute goal from captain Barry Bannan extended the Owls’ impressive unbeaten streak to 18 games.

      Bolton capitalized on Ipswich’s goalless draw at Bristol Rovers to take third place with a second successive 5–0 win.

      Goals from Ricardo Santos, Luke Mbete, Gethin Jones, Eoin Toal and Randell Williams gave the Trotters an emphatic victory over troubled MK Dons to back up Saturday’s thrashing of Peterborough.

      Play-off contenders Derby fought back but had to settle for a 1-1 draw at home to a 10-man Lincoln side.

      Conor Hourihane secured a point for the fifth-place Rams after Imps forward Ben House was sent off for a second bookable offense early in the second half following Olamide Shodipo’s opener.

      Barnsley complete the top six after a 3-1 success at Port Vale.

      Luca Connell, Liam Kitching and Adam Phillips scored for the Tykes at Vale Park, while Nathan Smith briefly equalized for the hosts.

      Wycombe continue to close on the heels of the play-off places after goals from Josh Scowen and Garath McCleary secured a 2-0 win at relegation-threatened Accrington.

      Dane Scarlett’s stoppage-time goal gave Portsmouth a 1–0 win over Burton at Fratton Park, while Shrewsbury’s six-match winning streak was halted with a goalless draw at Exeter.

      Bottom club Forest Green are now 11 games without a win since early December, after Corey Blackett-Taylor’s first-half goal gave Charlton a 1-0 away win.

      Cheltenham boosted their hopes of survival with a 2-1 win at the second last Cambridge. Second-half goals from Elliot Bonds and James Olayinka, on either side of Joe Ironside’s penalty, gave the Robins the victory.

      Promise Omochere scored the only goal as Fleetwood defeated Peterborough 1-0.


      Leave a Reply

      Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *