You are currently viewing πŸ“ Report: Bristol City 1-0 Hull City

πŸ“ Report: Bristol City 1-0 Hull City

Nahki Wells kept a cool head to convert City’s second penalty in as many weeks to beat Hull City at Ashton Gate.


Nigel Pearson was forced to make a change to the squad that sold out at the Stadium of Light a week ago as Tomas Kalas replaces Rob Atkinson, who is cruelly sidelined for the rest of the season with a ligament injury. previous crusader.

This also led to a change on the bench as youngster Omar Taylor-Clarke took the seventh seat for the game with the Tigers.


City blew up the traps at BS3, full of energy and causing a lot of trouble for the Tigers’ defenses early on.

Anis Mehmeti shows the first signs of his ever-rising confidence levels by winning the ball back in midfield to play through Mark Sykes, who was denied by Karl Darlow’s feet.

Mehmeti then showed just how quick his feet could be, nonchalantly pummeling Cyrus Christie on the touchline before accelerating.

The Robins were in the flow of things as the opening trades continued and George Tanner came agonizingly close to a starter. Cam Pring’s cross into the box was not tackled and he fell at the feet of Tanner, whose effort was deflected over the bar by Jacob Greaves, a man in the right place at the right time.

Alex Scott’s awareness allowed him to come out of a challenge and drive into space in the heart of the Tiger’s back line. A fine one-two with Sykes allowed him to break into the box, however he couldn’t quite identify the Mehmeti he expected when Darlow claimed the cross from him.

After being in a daze for the first 25 minutes of the game, Hull City began to gain a foothold in proceedings. Γ“scar EstupiΓ±Γ‘n has been their danger man throughout the season and would be the first to have a shot on goal for the visitors, dragging it wide of the goal.

Sykes and Mehmeti combined late in the half as the Albanian had a well-blocked shot in the box to round off the chances of the half.


At the start of the second half, City were still on the rise when Sykes cut in and fired off his left foot.

Mehmeti then combined with Scott on the left to get into the box and shoot, only to be blocked by Greaves.

The decisive moment of the match came with 20 minutes remaining when Mehmeti’s cross hit the hand of a Tigers defender in the box and referee Sam Barrot signaled the point.

It’s been 469 days since City last won a penalty last weekend and now they had the chance to score their second in as many weeks.

Nahki Wells was introduced 10 minutes earlier and would be the man to step up. With the expectation of Ashton Gate on his shoulders, he hammered out with conviction in front of a crowd of 20,000.

It turned out to be the defining moment of the game as the Robins extended their unbeaten streak to 12 games in all competitions.


Leave a Reply