You are currently viewing ๐Ÿ“ Report: Swansea City 2-0 Bristol City

๐Ÿ“ Report: Swansea City 2-0 Bristol City

Goals from Liam Cullen and Olivier Ntcham gave Swansea City victory and the Robins ended the week with a second away defeat.

On a day when 19-year-old Academy graduate Omar Taylor-Clarke made his full debut and Zak Vyner captained the team for the first time, City were on the wrong end of the scoreboard and another penalty disallowed.

Cullen opening the scoring at 35he minute while Ntcham got the second in 78he minute, leaving City heading into the international break after two away defeats, but a largely successful post-World Cup block of games.


Nigel Pearson made three changes from the squad that started against Luton Town, including the full debut of 19-year-old Taylor Clarke, with Sam Bell and George Tanner completing the changes while Anis Mehmeti, Nhaki Wells and And Weimann moved to the bench. .


City survived an early scare when Joel Piroe struck a shot just wide of the post in the first minute and then Vyner blocked Liam Walsh as he lined up a shot from the edge of the box.

Walsh nearly provided an assist, but Cullen couldn’t control the ball and it fell to O’Leary, who also had to acrobatically save Harry Darling before Cam Pring blocked the follow-up.

City had some half-hearted chances with Sykes and Scott as Andy Fisher easily managed to muster the efforts.

Swansea made the breakthrough when Walsh crossed to Ntcham, who fed Cullen and the striker moved past Vyner to pass O’Leary into the bottom corner.

Manning provided another chance for Swansea when he put the ball in front of the goal, but no one made it to the end.


Pearson made an attacking change at half time with Weimann replacing Tanner and then at the hour mark Anis Mehmeti came on for Harry Cornick.

By then Cullen had shot over the top and Piroe headed the post before City mounted a counter-attack and Mehmeti attacked with threat before dismissing Taylor-Clarke, but his shot went straight to Fisher.

City had a penalty appeal overturned when Weimann tried to control the ball for a shot and hit Ben Cabango’s arm, but referee Jeremy Simpson signaled play to continue.

Ntcham made it 2-0 when City failed to handle the ball on the edge of the box and fired low at the near post.

Kane Wilson came on for Taylor Clarke’s cramp strike after 80 minutes as City continued to press.

Weimann had the ball in the net after a Mehmeti free kick in added time, but it was ruled offside as time ran out for the Robins.


Leave a Reply